Big number

Who: Q
What: Post a picture
When: Every day (or when I can)
Where: All over the world
Why: To improve my skills

Saturday, February 27, 2010

38. Zines

Olympus p&s

What the Book in Itaewon has back issues on sale for a bargain. I don't read magazines but I love scrapping them, so I hate the cost of current issues. I wanted to get more, but I'm on a budget. The ones I picked up have been a gold mine. I had never heard of Bust but am loving the articles in it on Old West cowgirls, steampunk fashions, and a taxidermist artist. Self has a great fitness and health focus. And Vogue is a spring issue with beautiful colors and fashions I can't wait to shred.

P.S. If you have a pile of old magazines in your apartment that you aren't going to read again and aren't going to take back to your homeland- and let's be honest here, I know you gals do- send them my way or drop by for some collage fun.

2 comments:

  1. What do you collage? I recently used an old catalog that had vibrant colors to make flowers for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually just throw random stuff into a sketchbook. Cards sound fun to make, though.

    ReplyDelete